USCIS has announced the Adjustment of Status Filing Charts for October 2016, providing information on which Green Card applicants can file their Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status with USCIS in October 2016.
According to the October 2016 Adjustment of Status Filing Charts:
- Applicants under all family based visa preference categories may use the Dates for Filing Applications chart of October 2016 DOS Visa Bulletin for filing their Adjustment of Status application in October 2016.
- Applicants under most employment based visa preference categories (except the categories given below) may use the Dates for Filing Applications chart in October 2016.
- Applicants under the following employment based visa preference categories must use the Application Final Action Dates chart for filing their Adjustment of Status application in October 2016:
- Certain employment-based fourth preference (EB-4) non-minister religious workers
- Employment-based fifth preference (EB-5) Regional Center Program participants
The above two employment based preference categories have been marked separately as the statutory authorization for both the EB-5 Regional Center Program and the EB-4 non-minister special immigrant program for certain religious workers is scheduled to expire on September 30, 2016. Unless a law extending their eligibility is enacted and approved, visas will be unavailable for these categories after September 30, 2016. USCIS has announced that it will update the Visa Bulletin if these programs are reauthorized.
Green Card applicants in all family based and employment based visa preference categories except the above two categories, whose priority date is either current, or earlier than the date on the Dates for Filing Applications chart, may file their Adjustment of Status application in October 2016.
Check out the latest visa bulletin for a complete listing of the current cut-off dates and availability of immigrant visa numbers.
Schedule a FREE Case Evaluation with our experienced immigration attorneys if you have any questions about your eligibility for filing an Adjustment of Status or an Immigrant Visa application.