The U.S. Department of State Visa Bulletin June 2017 shows retrogression in EB-1 China and EB-1 India in the Application Final Action Dates chart. EB-2 China and EB-2 India advanced marginally. No change was seen in the Dates for Filing Applications chart for the employment based visa preference categories.
USCIS is yet to announce which chart may be used in June 2017 for filing applications for Adjustment of Status with USCIS. Unless USCIS indicates otherwise, applicants seeking to file for adjustment of status must follow the dates in the Application Final Action Dates chart to determine when they could file their adjustment of status applications.
June 2017 Visa Bulletin Highlights
The following are the key highlights in the Application Final Action Dates chart of June 2017 Visa Bulletin:
- Priority date for EB-1 China and EB-1 India retrogressed to January 1, 2012. EB-1 Priority Workers Category remains Current for all countries.
- Priority date for EB-2 China advanced from February 8, 2013 to March 1, 2013.
- In the EB-2 Category for India, the cut-off date advanced from June 22, 2008 to July 1, 2008.
- The EB-2 Category is Current for all countries other than India and China.
- In the EB-3 Professionals and Skilled Workers Category, priority date for mainland China remained stagnant on October 1, 2014.
- Priority date for EB-3 India advanced from March 25, 2005 to May 15, 2005.
- The priority date for mainland China under the EB-3 Other Workers Category advanced from March 8, 2006 to July 15, 2006.
- EB-3 Philippines advanced from January 1, 2013 to May 1, 2013.
- In the EB-3 category, priority date advanced from March 15, 2017 to April 15, 2017 for all countries other than India, China, and Philippines.
About Visa Bulletin
The Department of State (DOS) publishes two separate charts for the employment based and family based visa preference categories every month:
- Chart 1 – Application Final Action Dates; and
- Chart 2 – Dates for Filing Applications
The “Application Final Action Dates” chart prescribes the dates when visas can be issued to immigrant visa applicants. Immigrant visas will be authorized for issuance only for applicants whose priority date is on or before the cut-off dated listed in the “Application Final Action Dates” chart.
The “Dates for Filing Applications” chart prescribes the earliest dates that applicants may be able to apply for an immigrant visa. Applicants whose priority date is on or before the date listed in the “Dates for Filing Applications” chart will be eligible to assemble and submit the required documents to the National Visa Center (NVC).
USCIS will, each month, post the relevant DOS Visa Bulletin chart that applicants can use to determine when to file their Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. Applicants whose priority date is on or before the date on the chart posted by USCIS may file their Adjustment of Status application. USCIS is yet to announce which chart may be used in June 2017 for filing applications for Adjustment of Status with USCIS.
Green Card applicants who have a priority date earlier than the cut-off date listed in the relevant Visa Bulletin charts are eligible to apply for Adjustment of Status or an immigrant visa.
Check out the latest visa bulletin for a complete listing of the current cut-off dates and availability of immigrant visa numbers.
Schedule a FREE Case Evaluation with our experienced immigration attorneys if you have any questions about your eligibility for filing an Adjustment of Status or an immigrant visa application.