Call Us Today: 202-787-1944

Immigration Articles
Useful articles on a variety of immigration topics.

Home  >  Immigration Articles  >  Articles Archive  >  Department of Homeland Security

The Global Entry Program: An Expedited Clearance Process for Pre-Approved Travelers
DHS has recently announced the publication of a final rule that would establish as a permanent program, the ‘Global Entry’, a U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) voluntary initiative that allows expedited clearance for pre-approved, low-risk travelers. The Global Entry program offers quicker processing at select U.S. Ports of Entry for pre-approved, low-risk air travelers by providing an expedited inspection and examination process that allows them to proceed directly to automated Global Entry kiosks upon their arrival in the United States at Global Entry-equipped Ports of Entry. The final rule becomes effective on March 7, 2012.
Enter US without a Visa: Visa Waiver Program (VWP)
If you are a citizen of certain countries, your trip is for business or pleasure, and you are planning to stay in the U.S. for less than 90 days, you will not need a visa. The Visa Waiver Program, known by the acronym VWP, allows citizens of 36 qualifying countries to travel to the United States for tourism or business for stays of up to 90 days without having to obtain a visa. However, you cannot use the VWP to enter the U.S. for any purpose other than as a tourist or business visitor. In this article we discuss the various situations when the national of a VWP country needs to apply for a visa instead of using the VWP to enter the U.S. We also speak about the eligible countries for VWP and requirements for VWP nationals to enter the U.S. on a Visa Waiver Program.

U.S. Immigration Attorney - Consult Now!

Immigration Services
  Fast, Easy and Economical Avoid Costly Immigration Errors!
Immigration Guide
 Know Your U.S. Immigration Options
Immigration Law FAQ
 Detailed Answers to Your Immigration Questions
Immigration Articles
  Interesting and Useful Articles on a Variety of Relevant Topics

US Work Visas: Which One Should I Apply For?
Do You Know the Consequences of Overstaying a Visa in the US?
Can I Get Married On a Tourist Visa to a US Citizen?
How do I bring my foreign national fiancée / spouse to the U.S. I am a U.S. Citizen?
The K-1 Fiancé(e) Visa Interview: 45 Questions You Need to Know

Alerts & Newsletter
Create and Manage your
e-mail alerts for FREE.