The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has submitted the information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection was previously published in the Federal Register on August 27, 2008, at 73 FR 50633 allowing for a 60- day public comment period. USCIS did not receive any comments for this information collection.
The purpose of this notice is to allow an additional 30 days for public comments. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted until January 30, 2009. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the item(s) contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and to the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Office of Management and Budget (OMB), USCIS Desk Officer.
Comments may be submitted to:
USCIS, Chief, Regulatory Management Division, Clearance Office, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, Suite 3008, Washington, DC 20529-2210.
Comments may also be submitted to DHS via facsimile to 202-272-8352 or via e-mail at email@example.com, and to the OMB USCIS Desk Officer via facsimile at 202-395-6974 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When submitting comments by e-mail please make sure to add OMB Control Number 1615-0097 in the subject box. Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies should address one or more of the following four points:
Overview of this information collection:
We may also contact at: USCIS, Regulatory Management Division, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, NW., Suite 3008, Washington, DC 20529-2210, Telephone number 202-272-8377.
- Type of Information Collection: Revision of a currently approved information collection.
- Title of the Form/Collection: Sworn Statement of Refugee Applying for Admission into the United States.
- Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component sponsoring the collection: Form G-646, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
- Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or households. The data collected on this form is used by the DHS to determine eligibility for the admission of applicants to the United States as refugees.
- An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 75,000 responses at 20 minutes (.333 hours) per response.
- An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 24,975 annual burden hours.