Premium Processing is available to request the Blanket L classification for a Petitioner and its qualifying related entities. A request for premium processing of a Blanket L petition should be made on Form I-129, Petition for Nonimmigrant Worker, not on Form I-129S, Nonimmigrant Petition Based on Blanket L Petition. "LZ" should be entered as the requested nonimmigrant classification in Part 2, Item 1 of Form I-129. Individual employees should not be named in the Form I-129. Section 2 of the L classification supplement to Form I-129 should also be completed when seeking Blanket L approval.
The following options are available to the beneficiaries of Blanket L approval:
- For aliens outside of the U.S. who require a visa, Form I-129S is filed with the appropriate Consular Post as part of the visa processing
- For Canadians outside of the U.S., there are several options pursuant to NAFTA:
- Form I-129S may be filed with U.S. Customs and Border Protection at the Port of Entry or
- Form I-129S may be filed with the appropriate USCIS Service Center (premium processing is not available for form I-129S) or
- Form I-129 may be filed with a USCIS Service Center.
- For visa exempt aliens other than those under NAFTA who are outside of the U.S., Form I-129S is filed with a USCIS Service Center (Premium Processing is not available for form I-129S).
- For aliens inside the U.S. seeking a change of status, Form I-129 is filed with a USCIS Service Center.