USCIS has announced that Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano has extended Haitiís Temporary Protected Status (TPS) and that the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) will publish a notice in the Federal Register announcing this decision next week. The Federal Register notice will provide additional guidance on:
- Who is eligible for TPS;
- How to re-register if you have TPS;
- When to begin filing TPS applications;
- How to request an Employment Authorization Document (EAD);
- Six-month automatic extension of current EADs;
- TPS fees and fee waiver procedures; and
- Other TPS-related information.
USCIS has also announced that the 60-day re-registration period for current Haiti TPS beneficiaries will begin on the day the Federal Register notice is published, and individuals who have not continuously resided in the US since January 12, 2011 will not be eligible.