U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced today that two of its offices in the Houston area will reopen Monday, September 29, after having closed for business due to Hurricane Ike.
The Houston district office and the LIFE Act Building will open for business; however, it will take time before the offices are fully operational. Please do not visit the offices on Monday unless it is absolutely necessary. The Southeast Application Support Center remains closed due to severe damage.
Customers who missed naturalization and adjustment of status appointments will automatically be rescheduled by mail. Customers with INFOPASS appointments will need to reschedule. Interview schedules will begin on October 6 and INFOPASS will begin on September 30.
USCIS offices in Houston are located at the following locations:
- District Office (126 North point) – open Sept. 29
- LIFE Act Building 16504 Central Green Boulevard – open Sept. 29
- Application Support Centers:
- Northwest (10555 Northwest Freeway, #150) - open
- Southeast (8505 Gulf Freeway) - closed
- Southwest (7086 Bissonnet) – open