Before you leave

download visapro's B-1 visa Filing Process flyer

a step-by-step advice
for successful B-1 filing


Call Us Today: 202-787-1944
Contact Us Today For US Immigration Lawyer
Download Visa Application Form and Instructions
FORM  I-192

Form I-192
Application for Advance Permission to Enter as Nonimmigrant

This form allows inadmissible nonimmigrant aliens to apply for advance permission to temporarily enter the United States.

Who Should File the Form?

The form should be filed if you are an inadmissible alien in one of the following categories:

  • Inadmissible nonimmigrant already in possession of appropriate documents;
  • Applicant for T nonimmigrant status; or
  • Applicant for U nonimmigrant status

Note: If you are seeking admission under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) pursuant to INA section 217, you should NOT file this form. Aliens from VWP countries who are inadmissible must apply for a nonimmigrant visa at a U.S. Embassy or consulate for authorization to travel. You should contact the appropriate U.S. embassy or consulate if you have any questions regarding your admissibility under VWP.

Filling Fee


(See Special Instructions Section)

Download Free US Immigration Forms
Edition Date


(Starting 02/21/17, USCIS will only accept the 12/23/16 edition. Until then, you can use previous editions.)

Download Free and Fillable INS Forms Online

Number of Pages

Form 8; Instructions 11.

Download DOL and Department of State Forms


Inadmissible Nonimmigrant Already in Possession of Appropriate Documents:

  • The application is filed with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) in advance of the date of intended travel to the United States. Filing of this application is generally done in person at a CBP designated port of entry or a CBP designated preclearance office. There are exceptions to in-person filing. It is recommended that you contact the CBP preclearance office or the CBP port of entry where you intend to be processed before submitting your application. To find a CBP designated port of entry or a BCP designated preclearance office and to obtain information on required documentation and processing procedures, please visit the CBP website (link is in the Related Links section of this page) and type "Form I-192", "I-192", "192", or "waiver" in the search box of that site
  • Special Instructions for Citizens of Palau, the Federated States of Micronesia, or the Marshall Islands: You may contact the nearest consulate of the U.S. Department of State to receive instructions on where and how to submit this form. You may also receive filing instructions by e-mailing the CBP Admissibility Review Office (ARO) at inquiry.waiver.aro@dhs.gov. Attorneys should address their inquiry to attorneyinquiry.waiver.aro@dhs.gov.
Yes, I would like to check my US visa eligibility

Applicant for T or U Nonimmigrant Status:

File Form I-192 with the Vermont service Center at:

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services,
Vermont Service Center,
75 Lower Welden Street,
St. Albans, VT 05479-0001.


Notes on Filing Fee:

  • No biometric fee is required.
  • A fee waiver request will be accepted in accordance with 8 CFR 103.7(c)(5) for applicants for T or U nonimmigrant status. See Fee Waiver in the Related Links section of this page for additional information.
  • Please see the page "Paying Immigration Fees" in the Related Links section of this page for more information on how to pay your filing fee.

If you are applying with CBP:

  • Make your check or money order payable to U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
  • The check or money order must be drawn on a bank or other financial institution located in the United States and must be payable in U.S. currency. Certain CBP designated ports of entry or certain CBP designated preclearance offices may accept payment in the form of cash or credit cards.
  • It is recommended that you contact the CBP preclearance office or CBP port of entry where you intend to be processed for payment instructions. Please visit the CBP website (Link in the Related Links section of this page) for more information.
  • Citizens of Palau, the Federated States of Micronesia, or the Marshall Islands may receive payment instructions by contacting the nearest U.S. Embassy or consulate, or by e-mailing the CBP/ARO at inquiry.waiver.aro@dhs.gov
  • Note: Please spell out U.S. Department of Homeland Security or U.S. Customs and Border Protection. Do not use the initials "USDHS," "DHS," or "CBP."


Processing Information

If you file the application with CBP:

  • The ARO will make a decision on your application. You will be notified in writing of the decision.
  • The decision will be mailed to the address provided on the application.
  • It is recommended that you wait until after more than 90 days have passed from submission of your application, before making a status inquiry.
  • Status inquiries are made via e-mail to inquiry.waiver.aro@dhs.gov. Attorneys should address their inquiries to attorneyinquiry.waiver.aro@dhs.gov.


If you file this application with USCIS:

USCIS will adjudicate the application and notify you of the decision at the address you provided in the application. If you have any questions about your case, please call USCIS Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283. You can also write to the Vermont Service Center at:

USCIS-Vermont Service,
Center 75 Lower Welden Street,
St. Albans,
VT 05479-0001.


Do not send Change of Address Requests to the USCIS Lockbox facilities.

What VisaPro customers are saying

VisaPro provided excellent support and was always available to answer our questions.I unhesitatingly recommend VisaPro to anyone needing assistance with immigration needs.

- Steve Schroeder

We are all very happy to receive the Very Good News of my L1 Visa Approval. The full credit for this goes to you all at VisaPro team. I really appreciate all your hard and timely efforts in this case.

- Kishin Bhavnani

Customers using VisaPro
  • E2 Visa Top Success Stories
  • Contact US Citizenship Attorney
  • Fiancee Visa Immigration Success Story
  • Top H-1B Visa Immigration Lawyer
  • Call Green Cards Lawyer - Near 100% Success
  • L1 Visa Best Immigration Attorneys In America
Schedule A FREE Visa Assessment

VisaPro's FREE Visa Assessment service is offered by our highly experienced immigration attorneys to quickly analyze your immigration needs and determine eligibility. We offer FREE Visa Assessment for employers, employees.

NOTE: If you have a complex legal matter that requires a detailed assessment, you will be asked to schedule a paid consultation.

I'm not a robot

We value your privacy.