Purpose||For a child who regularly resides abroad to claim
U.S. citizenship based on parentage.|
8 Pages + Instructions
05/03/13. Previous editions not accepted.
Where to File||
P.O. Box 20100
Phoenix, AZ 85036
To submit an N-600K via express mail or courier deliveries, use the following address:
Attn: Form N-600K
1820 E. Skyharbor Circle S
Phoenix, AZ 85034
IMPORTANT: If you are filing an N-600K application for a child of a member of the U.S. armed forces stationed overseas, use the following address:
Nebraska Service Center
P.O. Box 87426
Lincoln, NE 68501-7426
If you are filing an N-600K application via express mail or courier delivery for a child of a member of the U.S. armed forces stationed overseas, use the following address:
Nebraska Service Center
850 S Street
Lincoln, NE 68508
$600.($550 if filing for an adopted child.)|
Special Instructions||When Completing Form N-600K: Avoid These Mistakes to Prevent Rejection|
Part 2, Information About Your Eligibility:
• Check only ONE box in Part 2. If you check multiple boxes in Part 2, USCIS will reject your Form N-600K and return it to you for correction and re-filing.
Part 8, Signature
• Part 8 must be signed. If there is no signature, USCIS will reject your form N-600K and return it to you for correction and re-filing. If you are a parent, grandparent or legal guardian completing Form N-600K on behalf of a child who is under 18 years of age, then you must sign in Part 8.
• The person who completes Form N-600K for an applicant is required to complete and sign the designated section in Part 9, "Signature of person who prepared this form for you."
Photo requirements: See the Form N-600K instructions for detailed information.
Notes on Filing Fees:
• Checks should be made payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
• Adopted Children: The fee for Form N-600K is $600, except for U.S. citizen parents requesting a Certificate of Citizenship for an adopted child. For U.S. citizen parents filing on behalf of an adopted minor child under Section 322 of the INA, the fee is $550.
Attorney or representative: You may be represented, at no expense to the U.S. government, by an attorney or other duly authorized representative. Your representative must submit Form G-28, Notice of Entry or Appearance as Attorney or Representative, with your Form N-600K. Your representative may also submit Form G-28 at the time of your interview.