1. What is F-2 dependent visa?
The F-2 dependent visa is a nonimmigrant visa which allows dependent spouses and children(unmarried, under 21 years old) of F-1 student visa holders to enter into the U.S.
2. What privileges do I enjoy on F2 visa?
On F2 visa, you may:
- Enter the U.S. along with your spouse or join him or her later
- Travel in and out of the U.S. or remain in the U.S. continuously as long as you maintain valid F-2 status
3. How long can I stay in the U.S. on F-2 visa?
You may stay in the U.S. as long as the principal F-1 visa holder maintains valid status. You lose your status once the principal applicant loses F-1 status.
4. Can I work on F-2 visa?
No, you may not take up paid employment while in the U.S. on F-2 visa.
5. Can I study on F-2 visa?
As an F-2 spouse you may not engage in full time study and F-2 child may only engage in full time elementary or secondary school (kindergarten through twelfth grade) study. F-2 spouse or child may engage in a study that is avocational or recreational in nature.