6. Can I apply for extension of stay on M2 visa?
Yes, you may apply for extension of stay on M2 visa.
7. How do I extend my stay on M-2 visa?
You may extend your stay on M-2 visa by submitting Form I-539, Application to Extend or Change Nonimmigrant Status, to the USCIS at least 15 (but not more than 60) days before your authorized stay in the U.S. expires.
8. Can I work on M-2 visa?
No, you may not work on M-2 visa.
9. What are the limitations of M-2 visa?
On M-2 visa, you may not:
- As M-2 spouse you may not engage in full time study
- As M-2 child you may only engage in full time study in an elementary or secondary school (kindergarten through twelfth grade)
- Both M-2 spouse and child may engage in study that is vocational or recreational in nature
10. Are there any travel restrictions on M-2 visa?
No, there are no travel restrictions on M-2 visa. You may leave the U.S. and re-enter as long as you have a valid M-2 visa. you must also have a valid endorsed I-20 from the school.