1. What is R-2 visa?
The R-2 visa is a nonimmigrant visa which allows the spouses and unmarried children of R-1 religious workers to enter into the U.S. and reside with their family.
2. How do I qualify for R2 visa?
To qualify for R-2 visa, you must be:
- The spouse or unmarried child below 21 years of R-1 religious worker
- Accompanying or joining the R-1 religious worker in the U.S.
3. What privileges do I enjoy on R-2 visa?
On R-2 visa, you may:
- Engage in full time study in the U.S.
- Travel freely in and out of the U.S.
- Apply for Green Card
4. What are the limitations of R-2 visa?
On R-2 visa, you may not:
- Work in the U.S.
- Reside in the U.S. for a period longer than the principal R-1 visa holder
5. How long can I stay in the U.S. on R-2 dependent visa?
Your initial admission period on R-2 visa shall not exceed three years.