This form is used to request access to information under the Freedom of Information and Privacy Acts.
(Starting 07/24/2017, we will only accept the 04/17/17 edition. Until then, you can use the 03/31/15 edition.)
Where To File G-639
National Records Center (NRC)
P.O. Box 648010
Lee’s Summit, MO 64064-8010
G-639 Special Instructions
- To determine the status of pending applications. (For status inquires, write to the USCIS office where the application was filed or call our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283).
- For consular notification of a visa petition approval, (use Form I-824 Application for action on an Approved Application or Petition).
- For the return of original documents, (use Form G-884, Request for Return of Original Documents).
- For records of naturalization prior to September 27, 1906, (contact the clerk of court where naturalization occurred).
- For information on USCIS manifest arrivals prior to December 1982, (contact the National Archives).
- To obtain proof of status (i.e., Social Security benefit, Selective Service requirement).
Certification of Nonexistence of a Record involves an agency decision. The Office of Records Management prepares this documentation. Requests for this service should be addressed to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services ATTN: Records Services Branch, 1200 First Street, NE, 2nd Floor, Washington, D.C. 20529-2204.
Click here to add a comment
What VisaPro Customers Are Saying
Visapro is reliable and knowledgeable. They do the right things right, therefore we have entrusted our visa applications to them. Not only once or twice, but 5 times”.