B2 Visa Is Appropriate For:
1. Foreign nationals planning to:
a. Tour and visit friends and relatives in the U.S.
b. Undergo medical care in the U.S.
c. Participate in conventions, conferences, or convocations of fraternal or social organizations in the U.S.
2. Dependents of:
a. Foreign members of the U.S. armed forces temporarily assigned duty in the U.S.
b. Crewmembers on D1 or D2 visa
c. Foreign nationals for whom no derivative classification is available, e.g. elderly parents of E1 visa holder
d. Foreign nationals applying for special naturalization benefits, on the basis of U.S. military service
3. Amateur entertainer or group of entertainers to perform in:
a. A social and/or charitable context in the U.S. for which they will receive no payment other than incidental expenses
b. A competition or talent show in the U.S. for which they will receive no payment other than incidental expenses
c. An amateur athlete or group of athletes competing in an athletic event for which they will receive no
Applying For The B2 Tourist Visa
You may apply for the B2 tourist visa at an American Consulate nearest to your residence. Your B2 visa application documents checklist should include:
- DOS Form DS-160, Nonimmigrant Visa Application
- Your passport which is valid for at least six months beyond the period of stay in the U.S. and with at least one blank page
- Two identical color photographs showing full face without head covering against a light background. You may wear a headdress if required by a religious order of which you are a member
- Letters of invitation from your friends or relatives in the U.S.
- A copy of your tour itinerary
- Documentation demonstrating your ability and intention, or that of your friends or relatives in the U.S., to support your travel and other expenses
- Documentation establishing your personal status such as marriage certificates, letters confirming your employment, bank statements, and pay slips etc.
Duration of Stay
The USCIS admits B2 visitors for pleasure for a period of time that is fair and reasonable for the completion of the purpose of the visit. USCIS Immigration Inspector will normally grant B2 visitors a six month period of authorized stay. When you apply for entry to the U.S., you will be required to explain to a USCIS Immigration Inspector the nature and purpose of your visit so that the Inspector can determine the appropriate length of stay.
A. B2 Tourist Visa Extension
You may apply for B2 visa extension provided the request is due to unexpected or compelling humanitarian reasons such as medical treatment or unforeseen delay in conclusion of a business matter.
You must file the request using Form I-539 and prove that you have adequate financial resources to continue staying in the U.S. and that you are maintaining residency abroad.
B. Change of Status In B2 Tourist Visa
You may change from a B2 visitor visa to another nonimmigrant category provided you can prove that you had no preconceived intent to change status. If you intend to change status to F1, M1 or J1, you must state your intent while applying for the B2 visa.
We thoroughly review your circumstances, select appropriate visa and submit an accurate application to the necessary Government Agencies.
What VisaPro Customers Are Saying
I needed help with naturalization process and contacted VisaPro for their expert and confident handling of legal road to US Citizenship. There were no surprises or bumps along the way. VisaPro took the time to investigate our situation, presented the best solution/approach, and answered all our questions along the way. The expertise, professionalism and personal touch of the VisaPro staff will keep me turning to them for all future immigration needs.”