The E1 visa for Treaty Traders allows nationals from countries that maintain an appropriate treaty of commerce and navigation with the U.S., to enter the U.S. to conduct trade between the U.S. and their home country.
VisaPro’s experienced immigration attorneys will prepare and file all the required documents for Treaty Traders applying for the E1 visa.
E1 Visa Eligibility – It Is Suitable For:
- Personnel including executives, managers and specialists of a treaty nation company operating in the U.S.
- Nationals of treaty countries seeking to enter the U.S. to carry out substantial trade
- Immediate family members of E1 visa holders
- Companies in treaty countries to send key personnel to manage the U.S. affiliate or branch
- Companies in treaty countries to send personnel to setup a U.S. company
E1 Visa Benefits
- You can travel freely in and out of the U.S. while on a valid E1 visa
- You can stay on a prolonged basis with unlimited two year extensions as long as you maintain valid E1 status
- Your dependents can stay with you as long as you maintain your E1 status. They can also attend school
- You can apply at an American Consulate abroad or apply for a change of status if you are in the U.S.
- Your spouse may seek employment by applying for an employment authorization document
E1 Visa Requirements
To qualify for the E1 visa, you must fulfill the following requirements:
A. You Must Be A National of A Treaty Country
You must be a national of a country that maintains a treat of navigation and commerce with the U.S. for E1 visa purposes.
Treaty countries currently include:
B. Trading Firm Must Belong To The Treaty Country
The trading firm for which you are coming to the U.S. must have the nationality of the treaty country.
C. The Trade Must Be Substantial
The international trade between your home country and the U.S. must be ‘substantial’ in the sense that there is a sizable and continuing volume of trade. More than 50 per cent of the international trade involved must be between the U.S. and your home country.
Note: Trade means the international exchange of goods, services and technology. The item of trade, and title of that item, must pass from one party to the other in exchange for consideration.
D. You Must Be Employed In Supervisory or Executive Capacity, or Possess Specialized Skills
You must be employed in a supervisory or executive capacity, or possess highly specialized skills essential to the efficient operation of the firm. Ordinary skilled or unskilled workers do not qualify
E1 Visa Notes
- Spouses of E1 visa holders may accept employment in the U.S. by obtaining an Employment Authorization Document.
- To change the purpose of your visit while you are in the U.S. on an E1 visa, you must change your visa status.
- The information provided here is applicable to New E1 Visa and E1 Extension.
E1 Visa Fees
Filing Fee – Regular $460
Filing Fee – Premium $1,870
VisaPro Processing Time1 Week
What VisaPro Customers Are Saying
Knowledgeable, fast, courteous, efficient are all words that describe the services I received from VisaPro. They were very helpful in all phases of the H-1B visa process and they got it right the first time. I have tried other Visa services, but VisaPro is the best by far. VisaPro is the only way to go!"