The E2 Treaty Investor visa allows nationals from countries that have treaties of commerce and navigation or bilateral agreements in effect with the U.S., to enter the U.S. for the purpose of directing and developing the operations of an enterprise they have invested in, or are in the process of investing a substantial amount of capital.
VisaPro’s experienced immigration attorneys will prepare and file all the required documents for Treaty Investors applying for the E2 visa.
E2 Visa Eligibility – It Is Suitable For:
- Entrepreneurs from treaty countries investing substantially in a U.S. enterprise
- Nationals of treaty countries entering the U.S. to develop and direct investments from the treaty country
- Nationals of treaty countries entering the U.S. to develop and direct the operations of an enterprise in which they have invested, or they are actively in the process of investing a substantial amount of capital
- Immediate family members of E2 visa holders
- Companies in treaty countries to send key personnel to manage the U.S. affiliate or branch
- Companies in treaty countries to send personnel to setup a U.S. company
E2 Visa Benefits
- You can work legally in the U.S. for a U.S. company that is the subject of the investment
- You can travel freely in and out of the U.S. while on a valid E2 visa
- You can stay on a prolonged basis with unlimited two year extensions as long as you maintain valid E2 status
- You may bring your dependents (spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21) to live with you in the U.S.
- Your spouse may seek employment by applying for an employment authorization document
E2 Visa Requirements
To qualify for the E2 treaty investor visa, you must fulfill the following requirements:
A. You Must Be A National of A Treaty Country
You must be a national of a country that maintains treaties of navigation and commerce with the U.S. for E2 visa purposes.
Treaty countries currently include:
|Thailand||Togo||Trinidad & Tobago|
B. Your Investment Must Be Substantial
It must be sufficient to ensure the successful operation of the enterprise. The percentage in investment required for a low-cost business enterprise is generally higher than the percentage of investment required for a high-cost enterprise.
C. Your Investment Must Be In A Real Operating Commercial Enterprise
Speculative or passive investment does not qualify. Uncommitted funds in a bank account or similar security are not considered an investment.
D. Your Investment May Not Be Marginal
The investment must have the capacity to generate significantly more income than just to provide a living to you and your family, or it must have a significant economic impact in the U.S.
E. You Must Have Control of Funds And Bear The Risk of Investment
You must have control of the funds, and the investment must be at risk in the commercial sense. Loans secured with the assets of the investment enterprise only are not considered to be at risk.
E2 Visa Notes
- Spouses of E2 visa holders may accept employment in the U.S. by obtaining an Employment Authorization Document.
- To change the purpose of your visit while you are in the U.S. on an E2 visa, you must change your visa status.
- The information provided here is applicable to New E2 Investor Visa and E2 Extension.
E2 Visa Fees
Filing Fee – Regular $460
Filing Fee – Premium $1,685
VisaPro Processing Time1 Week
What VisaPro Customers Are Saying
Knowledgeable, fast, courteous, efficient are all words that describe the services I received from VisaPro. They were very helpful in all phases of the H-1B visa process and they got it right the first time. I have tried other Visa services, but VisaPro is the best by far. VisaPro is the only way to go!"