The H2B nonimmigrant visa program permits employers to hire foreign workers to come to the U.S. and perform temporary nonagricultural work, which may be one-time, seasonal, peak load or intermittent.
There is a 66,000 per year limit on the number of foreign workers who may receive H2B status during each USCIS fiscal year (October through September). The process for obtaining H2B certification is similar to, but less extensive and time consuming, than permanent certification.
VisaPro’s experienced immigration attorneys will prepare and file all the required documents for foreign nationals and U.S. companies applying for the H2B visa.
H2B Visa Eligibility – It Is Suitable For:
- Foreign athletes, trainers or artists with a job offer from a U.S. employer
- Skilled workers in crafts and trades who are able to perform tasks for which no U.S. workers are available
- U.S. companies hiring foreign nationals to perform temporary work for which no U.S. workers are available
H2B Visa Benefits
- You can enter the U.S. for a temporary work and enjoy all employee benefits
- You can bring your dependents to stay with you in the U.S.
- You can freely travel outside U.S. on this visa
- You can change jobs if you can show a new job offer and have a new petition approved on your behalf
H2B Visa Requirements
A. Criteria For Determining Employer’s Eligibility
The employer must satisfy the following conditions to import foreign workers under the H2B visa:
- The job and the employer’s need must be one time, seasonal, peak load or intermittent
- The job must be for less than one year
- There must be no qualified and willing U.S. workers available for the job
B. Criteria For Determining Employee’s Eligibility
You are eligible for the H2B Visa provided:
- You have a valid job offer from a US employer to perform temporary or seasonal non-agricultural work
- You intend to return to your home country on expiration of the visa
H2B Visa Notes
- The information provided here is applicable to New H2B Visa and H2B Extension.
- To change the purpose of your visit while you are in the U.S. on an H2B visa, you must change your visa status.
H2B Visa Fees
Filing Fee – Regular $610
Filing Fee – Premium $2,020
VisaPro Processing Time1 Week
What VisaPro Customers Are Saying
Knowledgeable, fast, courteous, efficient are all words that describe the services I received from VisaPro. They were very helpful in all phases of the H-1B visa process and they got it right the first time. I have tried other Visa services, but VisaPro is the best by far. VisaPro is the only way to go!"