6. What are the limitations of L-1 Blanket visa?
On L-1 Blanket visa, you may:
- Work only for the U.S. employer who acted as your L-1 visa sponsor. However, you can transfer between the related companies that are listed on the Blanket L approval notice
- Get visa approval for up to three years. Extensions of two years at a time may be allowed until you have been in the U.S. for a total of seven years if you are a manager or executive, five years if you come as a specialized knowledge employee
7. For how long is the L-1 Blanket petition valid?
The L-1 Blanket approval is initially valid for three years.
8. Can the L-1 Blanket approval be extended?
Yes, the L-1 Blanket approval can be extended indefinitely.
9. What is the visa status given to the dependants of an L-1 Blanket visa holder?
10. Can my dependants work in the U.S. on L-1 Blanket visa?
L-2 spouse of an L-1 visa holder can now obtain a general Employment Authorization. This employment authorization must be applied for separately, though. The L-2 child is not permitted to work.