The O1 visa is available to people of extraordinary ability in the field of arts, science, education, business or athletics. You must have achieved a level of expertise indicating that you are among the few individuals who have risen to the very top of the field of endeavor.
VisaPro’s experienced immigration attorneys will prepare and file all the required documents for foreign nationals with extraordinary ability and U.S. companies applying for the O1 visa.
O1 Visa Eligibility – It Is Suitable For:
- Foreign nationals who have received major prizes or awards or other recognition for outstanding achievements in the field of arts, sciences, education, business or athletics and with a job offer from a U.S. company
- Foreign nationals who have produced original scientific or scholarly contributions in the academic fields and with a job offer from a U.S. company
- Artists and entertainers of extraordinary ability affiliated with motion picture or television industry
- U.S. companies to hire foreign nationals with extraordinary ability in the field of arts, sciences, education, business or athletics
O1 Visa Benefits
- You can enter the U.S. and accept employment in a position which requires people of extraordinary ability
- You do not have to maintain a foreign residence and show intent to return to your home country while applying for the visa
- Your dependents can stay with you as long as you maintain your O1 visa status. They can also attend school
- You can freely travel in and out of the U.S. provided you have a valid visa
O1 Visa Requirements
A. Criteria For Employer To Sponsor The O1 Visa
To sponsor an O1 visa, your employer must prove that services performed by the O1 visa holder would:
- Primarily involve a specific scientific or educational project, conference, convention, lecture, or exhibit sponsored by scientific or educational organizations or establishments or
- Consist of a specific business project that requires an extraordinary executive, manager, or highly technical person due to the complexity of the project
B. Criteria For Employees To Apply For The O1 Visa
To be eligible for the O1 visa, you must have sustained national or international acclaim by receiving major internationally recognized awards such as the Nobel Prize, or provide proof of at least three of the following:
- You have received nationally or internationally recognized awards or prizes of excellence in your field of endeavor
- You are member in associations, which require outstanding achievements of their members, as judged by recognized national or international experts in their disciplines or fields
- Your work has been described in professional or major trade publications, or major media
- You have participated as a judge, either individually or as a member of a panel, of the work of others in the same or an allied field
- Your articles have been published in professional or major trade publications
- You have made original scientific, scholarly, or business-related contributions of major significance in your field
- You have performed in a leading or critical role for organizations or establishments that have a distinguished reputation
- You command a high salary or remuneration for your services
- or Any other evidence to show your eligibility
O1 Visa Notes
- To change the purpose of your visit while you are in the U.S. on an O1 visa, you must change your visa status.
- The information provided here is applicable to New O1 Visa and O1 Extension.
O1 Visa Fees
Filing Fee – Regular $460
Filing Fee – Premium $1,870
VisaPro Processing Time1 Week
What VisaPro Customers Are Saying
Knowledgeable, fast, courteous, efficient are all words that describe the services I received from VisaPro. They were very helpful in all phases of the H-1B visa process and they got it right the first time. I have tried other Visa services, but VisaPro is the best by far. VisaPro is the only way to go!"