1. What is O-2 work visa?
The O-2 work visa is a nonimmigrant visa which allows essential support personnel of O-1 visa holders in the fields of athletics, entertainment, motion picture and television production to enter into the U.S. and engage in official activities. This status is not applicable to personnel in the sciences, business or education.
2. Who is eligible for O-2 visa?
To be eligible for O-2 visa, you must prove that you:
- Are an integral part of the actual performance of the O-1 principal
- Have critical skills and experience that are not of a general nature and cannot be performed by other individuals
3. What privileges do I enjoy on O-2 work visa?
On O-2 visa, you may:
- Receive your visa quickly
- Travel freely in and out of the U.S. for the term of the visa
- Apply for O-3 visas for accompanying relatives
4. What are the limitations of O-2 visa?
On O-2 visa, you must:
- Prove that you maintain a foreign residence that you do not intend to abandon
- Prove that your work in the U.S. is temporary
- Work only with the O-1 principal to whom you provide support
5. How long can I stay in the U.S. on O-2 work visa?
You may stay in the U.S. on O-2 visa for the period of time determined to be necessary to assist the O-1 principal to accomplish the event or activity, not to exceed three years. You may be admitted to the U.S. for the O-2 visa validity period, plus a period of up to ten days before the validity period begins and ten days after the validity period ends.