6. Can I extend my stay while on O-2 visa?
Yes, you may apply for extension of stay on O-2 visa. Extensions may be authorized in increments of up to one year to continue or complete the same event or activity for you were admitted into the U.S. plus an additional ten days to allow you to get your personal affairs in order.
7. Can I appeal a denial of extension of stay on O-2 status?
No, you may not appeal a denial of extension of stay on O-2 visa.
8. Can I study on O-2 work visa?
Yes, you may engage in part-time study while maintaining O status.
9. Are there any travel restrictions on O-2 visa?
No, the Department of State does not impose any restrictions on the number of times you may travel in and out of the U.S.
10. What are the steps to obtain O-2 visa?
There are three steps to obtaining an O-2 visa:
- Obtaining an advisory opinion from a peer group, labor organization, or management organization
- USCIS approval
- Visa issuance by the consulate