11. How do I apply for O-2 work visa?
The U.S employer must file Form I-129, Application for Nonimmigrant Worker, on your behalf with the Regional Service Center having jurisdiction where the services will be rendered.
12. What type of documentation must I submit with O-2 petition?
Petitions for O foreign nationals must be accompanied by:
- Evidence specified in the particular section for the classification
- Copies of any written contracts between the employer and yourself. If there is no written contract, a summary of the terms of the oral agreement under which you will be employed
- Explanation of the nature of the events or activities, the beginning and ending dates for the events or activities, and a copy of any itinerary for the events or activities
- Written advisory opinion(s) from the appropriate consulting entity or entities
13. What documents can serve as evidence for O-2 petition?
- Contract between O-1 principal and yourself setting out terms and conditions of services to be rendered
- Contract between O-1 principal and yourself showing business relationship between O-1 principal and yourself
- Proof of prior service to O-1 principal and skills in assisting such a foreign national
14. What are the documents required to apply for O-2 visa?
The documents required for O-2 visa are:
- A filled-in visa application Form DS-156
- One recent photograph two inches square (50mm x 50mm) of each applicant, with the entire face visible. The picture should be taken before a light background and without head covering
- A passport, valid for travel to the U.S. for at least six months longer than your intended visit
- Establishment of the demonstration of nonimmigrant intent. You must prove that you will return to your home country
- An official agreement between you and the petitioner detailing the terms and conditions of the services
- An agreement between you and the O-1 visa holder that proves your professional relationship
- Proof of a previous professional relationship with the O-1 visa holder
- Proof that you are capable of assisting the O-1 visa holder
15. How do I qualify as an O-2 foreign national accompanying an O-1 artist or athlete of extraordinary ability?
To qualify for O-2 visa, you must:
- Be coming to the U.S. to assist in the performance of the O-1 principal
- Be an integral part of the actual performance
- Have critical skills and experience with the O-1 principal which are not of a general nature and which are not possessed by a U.S. worker