21. On what grounds can my O-2 petition be revoked?
Your O-2 petition may be revoked if the:
- Capacity in which you were originally employed as mentioned in the petition has changed
- Statement of facts contained in the petition was not true and correct
- Terms or conditions of the approved petition are violated
- Approval of the petition involved gross error
22. Can I appeal a denial or revocation of O-2 petition?
Yes, you may appeal against a denied or revoked petition on notice under 8 CFR part 103.
Note: Automatic revocations may not be appealed.
23. How can I change from another nonimmigrant status to O-2 in the U.S.?
When you are already in the U.S., you can change your nonimmigrant status to O-2 if you qualify as an O-2 foreign national. This option is not available if you entered the U.S. without inspection or overstayed your authorized term of admission under the present status.
24. On what visa category can my dependents enter into the U.S. while I am on O-2 visa?
Your spouse and unmarried children under the age of twenty-one may apply for O-3 visa status in order to accompany you to the U.S.
25. Can dependents of O-2 work?
No, dependents in O-3 status may not work.