The P1 visa is available to athletes, and internationally recognized artist and entertainment groups for entering the U.S. to participate in internationally recognized events for a U.S. employer, or an international employer working through a U.S. agent.
VisaPro’s experienced immigration attorneys will prepare and file all the required documents for athletes, entertainment groups, support personnel and U.S. companies applying for the P1 visa.
P1 Visa Eligibility – It Is Suitable For:
- Internationally recognized athletes or athletic teams entering the U.S. to participate in an event of international standing
- Entertainers and entertainment companies recognized internationally as outstanding to tour the U.S. or participate in events
- Distinguished circus artists who wish to work in the U.S.
- Support personnel of P1 visa holders
- U.S. agents and companies to bring athletes, athletic teams and their support personnel to participate in events of international standing
- U.S. agents and companies to bring in entertainers and entertainment companies recognized internationally as outstanding to tour the U.S. or participate in events
P1 Visa Benefits
- Your dependents can stay with you as long as you maintain your P1 status. They can also attend school
- You can freely travel in and out of the U.S. provided you have a valid visa
P1 Visa Requirements
To qualify for a P1 visa, the following requirements must be fulfilled:
A. Athletes And Athletic Teams
You must be recognized internationally in your sport, and must be coming to the U.S. to perform services which require such recognition.
You must provide evidence of having legally contracted with a major U.S. sports league, or organization, and offer proof of at least two of the following:
- Significant participation in U.S. major sports league in prior seasons
- Participation in international competitions with a national team
- Significant participation in a prior U.S. college/university season in inter-collegiate competitions
- Written statement from a major U.S. sports league or official of the sport’s governing body demonstrating the alien’s or team’s international recognition
- Written statement from the sports media or a recognized expert
- International ranking provided by internationally recognized sports’ organizations
- Significant honors/awards in the sport
B. Artists And Entertainment Groups
Your group’s achievements must be recognized internationally, and the group must be coming to the U.S. to perform services that require such recognition.
1. You must provide evidence of a legal contract with a U.S. employer or agent, and prove that:
a. The proposed services in the U.S. require an internationally recognized entertainment group
b. Seventy-five per cent of your group members have had a sustained and substantial relationship with the group for at least one year and provide functions integral to the group’s performance
c. Your group received significant international awards or prizes, or nominations for its outstanding achievements
2. In addition to the above requirements, your group must offer proof of at least three of the following:
a. Your group has performed, or will be performing, as a starring or leading entertainment group in events with distinguished reputation
b. Your group has received international recognition and acclaim for outstanding achievements
c. Your group has performed and will be performing services as a leading or starring group for organizations or establishments with a distinguished reputation
d. Your group has had major commercial or critically acclaimed successes
e. Your group is highly recognized, for its achievements, by organizations, critics, government agencies, or other recognized experts
f. Your group has commanded or will command a high salary or other substantial remuneration comparable to others similarly situated
P1 Visa Notes
- To change the purpose of your visit while you are in the U.S. on a P1 visa, you must change your visa status.
- The information provided here is applicable to New P1 Visa and P1 Extension.
P1 Visa Fees
Filing Fee – Regular $460
Filing Fee – Premium $1,685
VisaPro Processing Time4 business days
What VisaPro Customers Are Saying
Knowledgeable, fast, courteous, efficient are all words that describe the services I received from VisaPro. They were very helpful in all phases of the H-1B visa process and they got it right the first time. I have tried other Visa services, but VisaPro is the best by far. VisaPro is the only way to go!"