11. What are the documents required for R-1 visa?
The documents required for R-1 visa are:
- Filled in Form I-129 nonimmigrant visa application with supporting documents
- Proof that you are working as a minister of religion, or in a religious vocation or occupation, for a bona-fide, non-profit religious organization or denomination that is exempt from taxation
- Proof that you have been a member of the religious organization for at least two years prior to your application
- A contract from the employer in the U.S proof, such as bank statements, that the employer is able to support the applicant above the poverty line
- Recommendation letters to further support your case
- IRS-supplied proof of the tax-exempt status of the religious organization in the U.S.
- Evidence that you are qualified for the work designated in the U.S.
- Documents showing arrangements for financial support.
12. Can I apply for Green Card while on R-1 status?
Yes, you may apply for Green Card. To adjust status you must file:
13. What type of visa will my dependents require?
You may apply for R-2 visa for your spouse and unmarried children below 21 years.
14. Can my dependents study on R-2 visa?
Yes, your dependents may engage in full time study in the U.S.
15. Can my dependents work on R-2 visa?
No, your dependents may not work on R-2 visa.