O2 Visa

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers

11. How do I apply for O-2 work visa?

The U.S employer must file Form I-129, Application for Nonimmigrant Worker, on your behalf with the Regional Service Center having jurisdiction where the services will be rendered.

12. What type of documentation must I submit with O-2 petition?

Petitions for O foreign nationals must be accompanied by:

  1. Evidence specified in the particular section for the classification
  2. Copies of any written contracts between the employer and yourself. If there is no written contract, a summary of the terms of the oral agreement under which you will be employed
  3. Explanation of the nature of the events or activities, the beginning and ending dates for the events or activities, and a copy of any itinerary for the events or activities
  4. Written advisory opinion(s) from the appropriate consulting entity or entities
Check My Eligibility

13. What documents can serve as evidence for O-2 petition?

  1. Contract between O-1 principal and yourself setting out terms and conditions of services to be rendered
  2. Contract between O-1 principal and yourself showing business relationship between O-1 principal and yourself
  3. Proof of prior service to O-1 principal and skills in assisting such a foreign national

14. What are the documents required to apply for O-2 visa?

The documents required for O-2 visa are:

  1. A filled-in visa application Form DS-156
  2. One recent photograph two inches square (50mm x 50mm) of each applicant, with the entire face visible. The picture should be taken before a light background and without head covering
  3. A passport, valid for travel to the U.S. for at least six months longer than your intended visit
  4. Establishment of the demonstration of nonimmigrant intent. You must prove that you will return to your home country
  5. An official agreement between you and the petitioner detailing the terms and conditions of the services
  6. An agreement between you and the O-1 visa holder that proves your professional relationship
  7. Proof of a previous professional relationship with the O-1 visa holder
  8. Proof that you are capable of assisting the O-1 visa holder

    15. How do I qualify as an O-2 foreign national accompanying an O-1 artist or athlete of extraordinary ability?

    To qualify for O-2 visa, you must:

    1. Be coming to the U.S. to assist in the performance of the O-1 principal
    2. Be an integral part of the actual performance
    3. Have critical skills and experience with the O-1 principal which are not of a general nature and which are not possessed by a U.S. worker