Call Us Today: 202-787-1944

Immigration Articles
Useful articles on a variety of immigration topics.

> > > >

Article Jump: 

E3 Visa Applications: Supporting Documents
Print This Article
Discuss This Topic
Create News Alerts
The Visa Office has informed American Immigration Lawyers Association that the following documents will be required to establish eligibility for E-3 visa issuance:
  1. an original or photocopy of a certified ETA 9035 Labor Condition Application form bearing a Department of Labor (DOL) certification date later than September 2, 2005 (MUST use the mail-in ETA 9035);

  2. evidence of academic or other qualifying credentials to establish the applicant's eligibility for E-3 visa issuance, such as a certified copy of a U.S. baccalaureate or higher degree, a certified copy of a foreign equivalent degree, with any necessary translation and evidence of equivalency; or evidence that the applicant possesses education and experience that is equivalent to a U.S. degree;

  3. a letter from the employer or other documentation establishing that the applicant will be engaged in qualifying work in a specialty occupation and that the application will be paid the actual or prevailing wage required by INA Section 212(t)(1);

  4. evidence establishing that the applicant's stay in the U.S. will be temporary;

  5. a certified copy of any required license or other official permission to practice the occupation in the state of intended employment, if necessary, or, if permitted evidence that the applicant will be obtaining the required license or permission within a reasonable time after admission;

  6. evidence of payment of the Machine Readable Visa fee;
VisaPro readers are already aware (see New E-3 visa for Australians: DOS issues regulations published on September 06, 2005) that DOL requires the filing of the ETA 9035 by mail - neither the FAX nor the ETA 9035E is acceptable. The department requires the LCA to bear the notation "E-3 - Australia - to be processed" at the top of each page. The E-3 LCA is submitted to:

United States Department of Labor
Employment and Training Administration
Division of Foreign Labor Certification
Temporary Programs - Room C4312
200 Constitution Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20210

The U.S. Department of State (DOS) has further informed AILA that a post may require a visa applicant to submit an original certified LCA in the event post suspects the veracity of the copy presented with the E-3 visa application.

Updated guidance is expected to be sent to posts soon, to be followed shortly by a revision to the Foreign Affairs Manual. Until then, should there be questions regarding the LCA, DOS has suggested that the applicants ask the post to seek an advisory opinion.

Print This Article
Discuss This Topic
Create News Alerts

H1B Address Change of Work Locations: When Do You Have To File H1B Amended Petitions?
H1B Visa Cap 2017: Things You Must Know
H1B Visa Lottery 2017: Improving Your Odds of Success
H1B Cap Exempt Employers: How Do You Find Out If You Qualify?
More >>

US Work Visas: Which One Should I Apply For?
Do You Know the Consequences of Overstaying a Visa in the US?
Can I Get Married On a Tourist Visa to a US Citizen?
How do I bring my foreign national fiancée / spouse to the U.S. I am a U.S. Citizen?
More >>

Article Jump: 

U.S. Immigration Attorney - Consult Now!

Immigration Services
  Fast, Easy and Economical Avoid Costly Immigration Errors!
Immigration Guide
 Know Your U.S. Immigration Options
Immigration Law FAQ
 Detailed Answers to Your Immigration Questions
Immigration Articles
  Interesting and Useful Articles on a Variety of Relevant Topics

How can we help you?
Receive latest immigration updates and free legal tips by e-mail. Sign up now!
Legal terms explained in plain English!
Effects of Invalid Puerto Rico Birth Certificates on the Form I-9 Process
Update on Pending FBI Name Checks and Projected Naturalization Processing Times
US: Sarah Palin Silent on Immigration Issues
CBP Reminder: New ESTA Fee to Begin from September 8
DHS Announces 18-Month TPS Extension for Sudan
More News...

Get a detailed, written opinion online in less than 3 business days from a licensed immigration attorney.
Experienced Immigration Attorneys - Consult Online or By Telephone

Alerts & Newsletter
Create and Manage your
e-mail alerts for FREE.