The K3 visa category allows spouses of U.S. citizens to enter the U.S. in a nonimmigrant visa category while they wait until they are able to apply for lawful permanent residence status (adjustment of status).
VisaPro’s experienced immigration attorneys will prepare and file all the required documents for the Spouses of U.S. Citizens applying for the K3 spouse visa.
K3 Visa Eligibility – It Is Suitable For:
- Spouses of U.S. citizens who are waiting abroad for an immigrant visa
K3 Visa Benefits
- The K3 visas generally have shorter waiting periods compared to marriage-based immigration visa petitions
- You can apply for a work permit by filing Form I-765 and engage in employment when the EAD has been issued.
- Your children under 21 years old can accompany you to the U.S. on the K4 dependent visa as long as they are named in the visa petition
K3 Visa Requirements
You may be eligible to receive the K3 visa if:
- You are legally married to a U.S. citizen
- You have a family based I-130 immigration petition filed by the U.S. citizen spouse on your behalf
- You seek to enter the U.S. to await the approval of your green card petition and subsequent lawful permanent resident status
K3 Visa Notes
- K3 visa holders may accept employment in the U.S. by obtaining an Employment Authorization Document.
Note: You may not begin employment until the EAD is issued.
K3 Visa Fees
Filing Fee – Regular $535
VisaPro Processing Time1 Week
What VisaPro Customers Are Saying
I would have no hesitation recommending Visapro. They dealt with my [K-1 Visa] case professionally and I appreciated the way they made themselves available over the phone when I needed clarification or to ask a question………. I am very happy I chose them to manage my visa application and grateful for their support right through to successfully acquiring my Green Card.”