VisaPro’s experienced immigration attorneys will prepare and file all the required documents for J1 exchange visitors applying for a waiver of the two-year foreign residence requirement.
J1 Waiver Eligibility – It Is Suitable For:
Persons subject to two-year foreign residence requirement and want to change their status including:
- Medical graduates who entered the U.S. on a J1 visa and wish to remain in the U.S. beyond the authorized time for J status
- Foreign nationals participating in exchange programs funded by the U.S. government, foreign government or an international organization
- Foreign nationals in exchange programs for learning skills that are in short supply in foreign national’s home country
- J1 visa holders subject to the two-year home residency requirement
- J1 visa holders, if complying with foreign residence requirement would impose exceptional hardship upon their spouse or children (if such spouse or child is a U.S. citizen or a legal permanent resident)
- J1 visa holders with a no objection certificate from their home country government
- J1 visa holders working on projects that are of interest to a U.S. Federal Government agency, and that agency has determined that the J1 visa holder’s continued stay in the U.S. is vital to its programs
- J1 physicians or medical doctors, with a request for waiver from a designated State Department of Health, or its equivalent
J1 Waiver Notes
- Dependents of J1 visa holders may accept employment in the U.S. by obtaining an Employment Authorization Document.
J1 Waiver Fees
VisaPro Processing Time Varies
What VisaPro Customers Are Saying
Our applicant did indeed pass her [J-1] visa interview. She will be arriving in America later this month. DisplayCraft appreciates everything that Visa Pro have done for us. We are extremely satisfied will your efforts and I am confident that DisplayCraft will come back to Visa Pro in the future should we need to obtain a visa for another foreign employee."