The International Entrepreneur Parole (IEP) is one of the options available to foreign entrepreneurs to establish and grow a startup in the U.S. that has substantial potential for rapid growth and job creation.
VisaPro’s experienced immigration attorneys will prepare and file all the required documents to form your new company, lease your new office space and process your IEP application.
International Entrepreneur Parole Eligibility – It Is Suitable For:
- Foreign entrepreneurs to establish a startup entity in the U.S.
- Foreign entrepreneurs investing substantially in a new U.S. enterprise
- Immediate family members of foreign entrepreneurs under IEP
- Foreign nationals entering the U.S. to substantially assist with the growth and success of their new U.S. enterprise
International Entrepreneur Parole For Startups – Benefits
- You may legitimately come to the U.S. under the IEP program for growing your new U.S. enterprise
- Your dependents can live with you in the U.S.
- Your spouse may apply for an employment authorization document and engage in employment
International Entrepreneur Parole Requirements
To qualify for parole under the IEP, you must demonstrate the following:
- You have substantial ownership interest in a startup entity created within the past five years in the U.S. that has substantial potential for rapid growth and job creation.
- You have a central and active role in the start-up entity such that you are well-positioned to substantially assist with the growth and success of the business.
- You will provide a significant public benefit to the United States based on your role as an entrepreneur of the start-up entity, by showing that either:
1. The startup entity has received a minimum capital investment of $250,000 from certain qualified U.S. investors with established records of successful investments; or
2. The startup entity has received a minimum of $100,000 in awards or grants for economic development, research and development, job creation, or other types of grants or awards typically given to startup entities, from federal, state, or local government entities that regularly provide such awards or grants to startup entities; or
3. The startup entity partially meets either or both of the previous two requirements, and provide additional reliable and compelling evidence of the start-up entity’s substantial potential for rapid growth and job creation.
International Entrepreneur Parole Notes
- Entrepreneurs granted parole under IEP will be eligible to work only for their start-up business.
- Parole may be granted for up to three entrepreneurs per startup entity.
- Entrepreneurs may be granted initial parole for up to two-and-a-half years. If approved for re-parole, they may receive up to another two-and-a-half years, for a maximum of five years of stay.
- Spouses of an Entrepreneur Parolee may accept employment in the U.S. by obtaining an Employment Authorization Document.
- To change the purpose of your visit while you are in the U.S. under IEP, you must change your visa status.
- The information provided here is applicable to IEP program.
IEP Full Service Fees
Filing Fee – Regular $1285
Filing Fee – Premium Not Applicable
VisaPro Processing Time 1 Week
What VisaPro Customers Are Saying
I have known VisaPro since 2006 and we have work together on many instances which required intense brainstorming and VisaPro's ideas and suggestions have always been par excellence. An opportunity to interact and work with VisaPro is a true privilege."