The North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) established a special TN nonimmigrant visa category, which enables Canadian and Mexican citizens to be admitted to the U.S. to engage in “business activities at a professional level”.
VisaPro’s experienced immigration attorneys will prepare and file all the required documents for NAFTA professionals and U.S. companies applying for the NAFTA TN visa.
TN Visa (For Canadians) Eligibility – It Is Suitable For:
- Canadian citizens with a bachelors degree and a job offer from a U.S. company
- Canadian citizens in specialized occupations, such as scientists, engineers, programmers, research assistants, management consultants, social workers, and accountants
- Canadian medical and allied personnel including dentists, dietitians, laboratory technologists, nutritionist, pharmacist, physical therapist, psychologist, registered nurses and veterinarians
- Canadian companies to transfer employees to their U.S. parent, branch, subsidiary or affiliate without the 1 year foreign employment requirement in the case of L1 visa
- U.S. companies to bring in qualified Canadian professionals for jobs that require a bachelors degree and specialized skills
TN Visa Benefits
- Canadian nationals may obtain the NAFTA visa at the border. They do not require prior petition approval by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) or a Labor Certification from the Department of Labor
- Canadian and Mexican professionals can maintain NAFTA visa status indefinitely by requesting extensions based upon their qualifying professional activity
- You are entitled to request TD dependent visa status for your spouse and children under the age of 21. Your dependents may attend school as long as they continue to qualify under the TD visa classification criteria
- You can freely travel in and out of the U.S. provided you have a valid TN status
TN Visa Requirements
To be eligible for a TN visa, you must prove that:
- You are a Canadian or Mexican citizen
- The profession is on the NAFTA list
- You have a valid job offer from a U.S. employer
- You hold the required licenses, degrees and/or experience to perform the job offered
- You intend to depart the U.S. on completion of your authorized stay
TN Visa Notes
- The information provided here is applicable to New TN Visa, TN Transfer, and TN Visa Extension.
- To change the purpose of your visit while you are in the U.S. on a TN visa, you must change your visa status.
TN Visa Fees (Filing at the USCIS)
Filing Fee – Regular $460
Filing Fee – Premium $2,960
TN Visa Fees (Filing at the U.S. Consulate)
Filing Fee $160
VisaPro Processing Time 4 business days
What VisaPro Customers Are Saying
Knowledgeable, fast, courteous, efficient are all words that describe the services I received from VisaPro. They were very helpful in all phases of the H-1B visa process and they got it right the first time. I have tried other Visa services, but VisaPro is the best by far. VisaPro is the only way to go!"