Marriage To A US Citizen

Learn About Getting A Green Card By Marriage To A US Citizen


Every year, thousands of foreign-born people become engaged or married to U.S. citizens. The immigration process for Green Card through marriage varies based on whether you intend to marry the U.S. citizen in the U.S. or outside the U.S. Each of these situations will require slightly different planning and procedures.

VisaPro’s experienced immigration attorneys will prepare and file all the required documents for foreign spouse of a U.S. citizen applying for a Green Card.

Check My Eligibility

Marriage To A US Citizen Eligibility – It Is Suitable For:

  • Spouses of U.S. Citizens to obtain permanent resident status in the U.S.

Marriage To A US Citizen Notes

  • U.S. permanent residents planning to leave the U.S. for more than a year must obtain a Reentry Permit prior to leaving the U.S.
  • U.S. permanent residents may apply for Citizenship if they have been a permanent resident for at least 5 years.
    Note: A spouse who has been a permanent resident for 3 years, who is currently married to a U.S. citizen, and has been married to the same U.S. citizen for the past 3 years, may apply for citizenship.
  • Conditional permanent residents must apply during the 90 days before the second anniversary as a conditional resident to remove the conditions on their residence.

Marriage To A US Citizen Fees

Filing Fee – Regular $535 (Marriage To US Citizen Outside US)
Filing Fee – Regular $1,760 (Marriage To US Citizen Inside US)
VisaPro Processing Time 1 Week

What VisaPro Customers Are Saying

I would have no hesitation recommending Visapro. They dealt with my case professionally and I appreciated the way they made themselves available over the phone when I needed clarification or to ask a question………. I am very happy I chose them to manage my visa application and grateful for their support right through to successfully acquiring my Green Card.”

Get a Free Visa Assessment

Trust Symbol