The K1 fiance visa is available to foreign citizens who would like to marry an American citizen and reside permanently in the U.S.
VisaPro’s experienced immigration attorneys will prepare and file all the required documents for fiance or fiancee of US citizens applying for the K1 Fiancee visa.
K1 Fiancee Visa Eligibility – It Is Suitable For:
- Fiance or Fiancee of US citizens to enter the U.S. and marry the U.S. citizen petitioner within 90 days
- U.S. citizens to bring their fiance or fiancee to the U.S to marry within 90 days.
K1 Fiancee Visa Benefits
- The K1 fiance visa generally has a shorter processing time compared to marriage-based immigration visa petitions
You can apply for a work permit by filing Form I-765 and engage in employmentNote: The USCIS is currently taking 90-120 days to process EAD applications and the authorized stay for a K1 fiancee is only 90 days, therefore you may not receive the EAD in a timely manner, The EAD can only be valid for the period of authorized stay.
- Your children can accompany you to the U.S. on the K2 dependent visa as long as they are named in the fiance visa petition
K1 Visa Requirements
You are eligible for the K1 fiance visa if:
- You and your fiance are legally eligible to marry under the laws of your country as well as the laws of the U.S.
- You will marry the petitioning U.S. citizen within 90 days of entering the U.S.
- You intend to enter the U.S. solely to marry the U.S. citizen
- You have met the U.S. citizen within the last two years before filing for the K1 fiance visa. This requirement can be waived only if meeting your fiance in person would violate long-established customs, or would create extreme hardship for the U.S. citizen
K1 Fiancee Visa Notes
- K1 visa holders may accept employment in the U.S. by obtaining an Employment Authorization Document.
Note: The USCIS is currently taking 90-120 days to process EAD applications and the authorized stay for a K1 fiancee is only 90 days, therefore you may not receive the EAD in a timely manner, The EAD can only be valid for the period of authorized stay.
K1 Visa Fees
Filing Fee – Regular $535
VisaPro Processing Time1 Week
What VisaPro Customers Are Saying
I would have no hesitation recommending Visapro. They dealt with my [K-1 Visa] case professionally and I appreciated the way they made themselves available over the phone when I needed clarification or to ask a question………. I am very happy I chose them to manage my visa application and grateful for their support right through to successfully acquiring my Green Card.”