The B2 visa is available for tourist activities, such as sightseeing, visiting friends and relatives, obtaining medical treatment, attending conferences and meetings.
Note: Persons planning to travel to the U.S. for a different purpose such as studies, work, etc., must apply for a different visa in the appropriate category.
VisaPro’s experienced immigration attorneys will prepare and file all the required documents for tourist visitors applying for the B2 visa.
B2 Visa Eligibility – It Is Suitable For:
- Tourists on a pleasure trip to the U.S.
- People visiting friends and relatives in the U.S.
- People coming to the U.S. for medical treatment
- Foreign nationals coming to the U.S. to marry a U.S. citizen or Green Card holder, upon establishing to the consular official and the USCIS that after the marriage, they will depart from the U.S., even though intending ultimately to immigrate
- Amateur athletes, musicians etc. who participate in their respective activities in the U.S. without remuneration
- People coming to participate in the conventions of social organizations
- Dependents of alien members of the U.S. armed forces temporarily assigned duty in the U.S.
- Dependents of crewmembers (D visa holders) or B1 visa holders solely to accompany the principal foreign national
- Dependents of nonimmigrant for whom no derivative classification is available. For example, the elderly parent of an E visa holder
- Persons to enter the U.S. to apply for special naturalization benefits on the basis of U.S. military service
- Persons seeking a change to another visa status if they so advise the U.S. Consulate, and if the consulate is fully appraised of the circumstances
- U.S. citizens, green card holders and nonimmigrant visa holders to invite their friends and relatives to the U.S.
B2 Visa Benefits
- You do not require an approved visa petition from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to apply for the B2 visa
- You can apply for a B2 visa in person at a Consulate nearest to your residence
- You do not require a sponsor to apply for the B2 visa
- B2 visa is quicker and easier to obtain
B2 Visa Requirements
To qualify for the B2 travel visa, you must prove that:
- The purpose of your trip is to tour the U.S.
- You have a permanent residence in your home country that you have no intention of abandoning
- You have binding ties to your home country in the form of property, family, or a permanent job
- You are not coming to the U.S. to provide services or engage in business activities that are primarily for the benefit of a U.S. employer
- You have sufficient financial resources to fund the trip including all travel, accommodation and living expenses during your stay in the U.S. If you do not have sufficient financial resources to fund the trip, a sponsor must provide evidence that he/she will provide support
B2 Visa Notes
- If you wish to stay longer than the date indicated in the Form I-94, you must apply to extend your B2 status.
Note: You must submit the application for an extension of stay BEFORE your current authorized stay expires.
- To change the purpose of your visit while you are in the U.S. on a B2 tourist visa, you must change your visa status.
B2 Visa Fees
VisaPro Processing Time 1 business day
What VisaPro Customers Are Saying
The US [B-1] Visa has always been a tough ride, and being denied a few times it makes it even worse. But thanks to Visa pro and their meticulous processing I was granted a Visa. I would like to thank you and all the people involved in making this a success. I would like to recommend Visapro to all those who seek peace of mind and hassle free Visa processing.”