Green Card Family First Preference

Learn About Green Cards For Unmarried Son or Daughter of US Citizens


VisaPro’s experienced immigration attorneys will prepare and file all the required documents for U.S. citizens and their relatives applying for the Green Card (Permanent Residence).

Check My Eligibility

Green Card Family First Preference Eligibility – It Is Suitable For:

  • Unmarried children (age 21 or older) who have at least one U.S. citizen parent
  • Unmarried stepchildren (age 21 or older), if the marriage creating the stepchild relationship took place before the child’s 18th birthday
  • U.S. citizens to sponsor the Green Card application of their unmarried foreign born children (age 21 or older)

Green Card Family First Preference Notes

  • U.S. permanent residents planning to leave the U.S. for more than a year must obtain a Reentry Permit prior to leaving the U.S.
  • U.S. permanent residents may apply for Citizenship if they have been a permanent resident for at least 5 years.
    Note: A spouse who has been a permanent resident for 3 years, who is currently married to a U.S. citizen, and has been married to the same U.S. citizen for the past 3 years, may apply for citizenship.

What VisaPro Customers Are Saying

I would have no hesitation recommending Visapro. They dealt with my case professionally and I appreciated the way they made themselves available over the phone when I needed clarification or to ask a question………. I am very happy I chose them to manage my visa application and grateful for their support right through to successfully acquiring my Green Card.”

Get a Free Visa Assessment

Trust Symbol