11. What is the minimum educational requirement and business experience for an Executive or Manager to get L-1 visa?
There is no minimum educational requirement for L-1 visa, however, you must have:
- Worked for a corporation as Executive or high level Manager, or
- Managed an essential function of the business, such as marketing or accounting functions with proper education to back it up, for at least one year in the preceding three years
12. If I have worked as a Manager in a key position for a company or corporation in my country do I qualify for L-1 visa?
Yes, if your company can send you to the U.S. to work for a branch office, subsidiary or affiliate, or to open and manage a franchise or non-franchise business.
13. What are the documents required to apply for L-1 visa?
The documents required for L-1 visa application are:
- Filled-in visa application Form DS-160
- One recent passport size photograph, 50mm X 50mm of each applicant showing full face without head covering against a light background
- A passport, valid for travel to the U.S. for at least six months longer than your intended visit
- Employee copy of Form I-797 Approval Notice
- Copy of Form I-129, Petition for Nonimmigrant visa. This petition is filed with the USCIS by your employer and must be approved before you can apply for your L-1 Visa.
14. What is an L-1 petition?
A petition is the process by which the USCIS determines that you meet the basic qualifications for a particular visa. It is through the L-1 petition process that the USCIS determines that you have the experience and background to qualify as an L-1 worker.
15. What documents are required to apply for an L-1 petition?
Along with your L-1 petition, you must submit an original and signed letter from your company confirming your:
- Present employment, your position, and length of service with the company
- Company knows about and authorizes your transfer to the U.S. company
- U.S. company’s name and full address. If more than one location is involved, supply the names and addresses of all locations
- Statement about the position you will fill in the U.S.