6. What is the purpose of obtaining Advance Parole?
The two purposes of obtaining Advance Parole are:
- It enables you to come back to the U.S. after traveling abroad without obtaining a visa to the U.S.
- It preserves the status of your application pending at the USCIS
7. What is the processing time for Advance Parole?
The Advance Parole processing time is generally around two months.
8. What is the validity period of Advance Parole document?
An Advance Parole document is generally valid for multiple entries into the U.S. for one year from the date of issue.
9. When should I apply for Advance Parole?
You must apply for Advance Parole before leaving the U.S. Failure to do so may cause you to lose permission to re-enter the U.S. and lead to the denial of any other applications.
10. Who is not eligible for Advance Parole?
You are not eligible for an Advance Parole travel document if you are a foreign national who is:
- In the U.S. illegally
- An exchange foreign national subject to the foreign residence requirement