1. What is an H-4 dependent visa?
The H-4 dependent visa is a nonimmigrant visa which allows the dependent spouse and children of principal H visa holders to enter into the U.S.
2. What privileges do I enjoy on H4 visa?
On H-4 visa, you may:
- Enter into the U.S. along with your spouse or join him/her later
- Not have to maintain a foreign residence
- Travel in and out of the U.S. or remain in the U.S. continuously as long as you are in the st
- Study in any U.S. university
3. How long can I stay in the U.S. on H4 visa?
Your H-4 status depends on the status of the principal H visa status. You lose your status once the H loses status.
4. Can I work on H-4 visa?
No, you may not work on H-4 visa in the U.S. The principal H visa holder has to support you.
5. Can I study on H-4 visa?
Yes, you may study on H-4 visa. You need not apply for F-1 student visa.