K2 Visa

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers

16. How can I open a bank account or file income tax returns on K-2 status?

If you do not have a Social Security Number, you may alternatively obtain an ITIN (Individual Taxpayer Identification Number) which may be used for school purposes, opening up a bank account, or for filing income tax returns.