K3 Spouse Visa

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers

1. What is K-3 visa?

The K-3 spouse visa is a nonimmigrant visa which allows the spouses of U.S. citizens to enter into the U.S. and await the availability of an immigrant visa.

2. How do I qualify for K-3 visa?

To qualify for K-3 visa, you must be:

  1. The foreign national spouse of a U.S. citizen
  2. Residing outside the U.S.
  3. Seeking to enter the U.S. to await the availability of an immigrant visa
  4. Your U.S. citizen spouse must have filed a petition for alien relative, which must be pending
Check My Eligibility

3. What privileges do I enjoy on K-3 visa?

On K-3 visa, you may:

  1. Reside in the U.S. with your family while waiting for the approval of your immigrant visa petition
  2. Apply for a work permit
  3. Travel outside of the U.S. on short trips and re-enter
  4. Study in the U.S.

4. What are the limitations of K-3 visa?

On K-3 visa, you may not:

  1. Change to any other nonimmigrant status
  2. Enter into the U.S. if you have been temporarily barred for previous violation of the U.S. immigration laws

5. How long can I stay in the U.S. on K-3 visa?

The K-3 visa is valid for two years with multiple entries.