K4 Visa

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers

1. What is K4 visa?

The K4 visa is a nonimmigrant visa which allows the children of a K-3 spouse visa holder to enter into the U.S. and await the availability of an immigrant visa.

2. How do I qualify for K4 visa?

To qualify for K-4 visa, you must be:

  1. Less than 21 years old
  2. The unmarried child of a K-3 applicant
  3. Seeking to immigrate to the U.S.
Check My Eligibility

3. What privileges do I enjoy on K-4 visa?

On K-3 visa, you may:

  1. Reside in the U.S. with your family while waiting for the approval of your immigrant visa petition
  2. Apply for a work permit using Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization
  3. Travel outside of the U.S. on short trips and return
  4. Study in the U.S.

4. What are the limitations of K-4 visa?

On K-4 visa you may not:

  1. Change to any other nonimmigrant status
  2. Enter into the U.S. if you have been temporarily barred for previous violation of the U.S. immigration laws

5. How long can I stay in the U.S. on K-4 visa?

The K-4 visa is valid for two years with multiple entries, or until the age of 21, whichever is shorter.