L2 Visa

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers

1. What Is L2 Visa?

The L2 visa allows the dependent spouse and minor, unmarried children of qualified L-1 visa holders to enter into the U.S.

2. What Privileges Do I Enjoy on L-2 Visa?

On L-2 visa, you may:

  1. Reside in the U.S. for the duration of the L-1 visa holder’s authorized duration of stay
  2. If your are an L-2 Spouse you may work on a full-time basis in the U.S. with proper Employment Authorization from the USCIS
  3. Engage in full-time study in the U.S.
  4. Travel in and out of the U.S. on short trips and return
Check My Eligibility

3. What Are The Limitations of L-2 Visa?

You may not apply for Employment Authorization if you are a dependent child on L-2 visa.

4. How Long Can I Stay In The U.S. on L-2 Visa?

You may stay as long as the primary L-1 visa holder maintains valid status, or up to a maximum of seven years, whichever is shorter.

5. How Do I Apply For L-2 Visa?

For L2 visa application, you must submit:

  1. Completed DS-160 visa application. The DS-160 must be completed online
  2. Demand draft for Visa application fee
  3. Demand draft for Visa issuance fee
  4. Original valid passport
  5. Recent Passport style photograph
  6. Original marriage certificate
  7. Four to five marriage photographs in case you are an L-2 spouse. Photographs must be very clear and easy to identify both the bride, and the bridegroom
  8. Copy of your parent’s or spouse’s L-1 approval
  9. Parent’s or Spouse’s employment verification letter
  10. Demand draft for visa application fee
  11. Demand draft for visa issuance fee