R2 Visa

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers

1. What is R-2 visa?

The R-2 visa is a nonimmigrant visa which allows the spouses and unmarried children of R-1 religious workers to enter into the U.S. and reside with their family.

2. How do I qualify for R2 visa?

To qualify for R-2 visa, you must be:

  1. The spouse or unmarried child below 21 years of R-1 religious worker
  2. Accompanying or joining the R-1 religious worker in the U.S.
Check My Eligibility

3. What privileges do I enjoy on R-2 visa?

On R-2 visa, you may:

  1. Engage in full time study in the U.S.
  2. Travel freely in and out of the U.S.
  3. Apply for Green Card

4. What are the limitations of R-2 visa?

On R-2 visa, you may not:

  1. Work in the U.S.
  2. Reside in the U.S. for a period longer than the principal R-1 visa holder

5. How long can I stay in the U.S. on R-2 dependent visa?

Your initial admission period on R-2 visa shall not exceed three years.