This form is used to request access to information under the Freedom of Information and Privacy Acts.
(Starting 09/03/19, we will only accept the 06/20/19 edition. Until then, you can use the 04/17/17 edition.)
Where To File G-639
National Records Center (NRC)
P.O. Box 648010
Lee’s Summit, MO 64064-8010
G-639 Special Instructions
- To determine the status of pending applications. (For status inquires, write to the USCIS office where the application was filed or call our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283).
- For consular notification of a visa petition approval, (use Form I-824 Application for action on an Approved Application or Petition).
- For the return of original documents, (use Form G-884, Request for Return of Original Documents).
- For records of naturalization prior to September 27, 1906, (contact the clerk of court where naturalization occurred).
- For information on USCIS manifest arrivals prior to December 1982, (contact the National Archives).
- To obtain proof of status (i.e., Social Security benefit, Selective Service requirement).
Certification of Nonexistence of a Record involves an agency decision. The Office of Records Management prepares this documentation. Requests for this service should be addressed to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services ATTN: Records Services Branch, 1200 First Street, NE, 2nd Floor, Washington, D.C. 20529-2204.
What VisaPro Customers Are Saying
[VisaPro legal team] was incredibly knowledgable and extremely helpful throughout the process. We were exceptionally impressed with how they have combined the great personal and communication skills they bring and also technology with a highly intuitive website which guides you and keeps you updated throughout the process……..This is a true testimonial, I would highly recommend Visapro to anyone looking for guidance and success in this area."