FORM I-821

Application For Temporary Protected Status


If you are an eligible national of designated countries then you may apply for a temporary immigration status by filing Form I-821, Application for Temporary Protected Status. You must also file Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, regardless of your age, even if you are not seeking an Employment Authorization Document (EAD).

Check My Eligibility


Filing Fee


Edition Date

04/01/24 Starting June 3, 2024, we will accept only the 04/01/24 edition. Until then, you can also use the 07/03/19 E and 07/03/19 editions.

Get A Free Visa Assessment
From An Experienced Immigration Attorney
Trust Symbol

Form I-821 Filing Fee

First-time TPS applicants must submit a $50 fee for Form I-821. There is no Form I-821 fee for re-registration. Persons 14 years of age or older must also file an $85 fee for biometric services. For additional details, please refer to the Federal Register notice for your country or to the TPS Web page

Where To File I-821

Please refer to the Federal Register notice or Temporary Protected Status (TPS) Web page for more information on where to file your forms and to see if online filing is available in your designated country.

If you are applying for re-registration, you may be able to file Form I-821 online. If you file online, you will also be required to file Form I-765 online.

If you are filing a paper application, use the filing address listed in the Federal Register notice for your country or on our TPS Web page.

What VisaPro Customers Are Saying

[VisaPro legal team] was incredibly knowledgable and extremely helpful throughout the process. We were exceptionally impressed with how they have combined the great personal and communication skills they bring and also technology with a highly intuitive website which guides you and keeps you updated throughout the process……..This is a true testimonial, I would highly recommend VisaPro to anyone looking for guidance and success in this area."

Get a Free Visa Assessment