EB3 Green Card

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers

11. How can I obtain an EB-3 visa?

If you want to enter the U.S. as an EB-3 worker, you must go through the following multi-step process:

    1. Your prospective employer must determine if you are eligible for lawful permanent residency in the U.S.
    2. Your prospective U.S. employer must complete Application for Permanent Employment Certification, Form ETA-9089, and submit it on your behalf to the Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration(ETA).The ETA must either grant or deny the certification request
    3. The USCIS must approve Form I-140, Petition for Alien Worker, filed on your behalf
    4. The State Department must give you an immigrant visa number
    5. If you are already in the U.S., you must apply to adjust to permanent resident status after a visa number becomes available
    6. If you are outside the U.S., you must complete your immigrant visa processing at the U.S. Consulate

12. Can I bring my dependants into the U.S. on EB3 visa?

Yes, upon approval of your Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker, your spouse and children under 21 years of age may apply for immigrant visas through adjustment of status in the U.S. or through consular processing at a U.S. consulate outside the U.S.

Check My Eligibility

13. How can I check the status of my Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker petition?

You may check visa status by using VisaPro’s free visa status service.

14. How can I appeal a denial of my Form 1-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker petition?

If your Form I-140, Petition for Alien Worker is denied, you may file Form I-290B, Notice of Appeal, along with the required fee at the appropriate USCIS Regional Service Center within 33 days of receiving the denial.