Employment Authorization Document (EAD Process)

Learn About EAD Process Documents And Status

Applying For EAD (Employment Authorization Document)

To obtain an EAD card, you must file the following documents with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS):

A. USCIS Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization

B. Two identical color photographs as per the following specifications:

1. Taken within 30 days of filing the application

2. Showing three-quarter frontal profile showing the right side of your face, with your right ear visible and with your head bare (unless you are wearing a headdress as required by a religious order of which you are a member)

3. Has a white background and be no larger than 2 X 2 inches, with the distance from the top of the head to just below the chin about 1 and 1/4 inches

4. Glossy, un-mounted, un-retouched and printed on thin paper

Note: Lightly print your A# (or your name if you have no A#) on the back of each photo, using a pencil.

C. Copy of your current passport

D. Copy of the USCIS Form I-94, Arrival-Departure Document issued to you when you entered the U.S.

E. Copy of the receipt notice or other evidence that your application for Green Card is pending with the USCIS

F. Copies of documents which indicate your current status

G. If you have previously been issued an EAD card, include a legible photocopy, front and back

H. If you are in F1 or M1 status, copies of all your I-20s showing the international student adviser’s recommendation for practical training. Also include a copy of the Form I-538, endorsed by the international student adviser

I. If you are applying for Employment Authorization as a spouse of a J1 exchange visitor, proof of marriage, copy of your spouse’s Form DS-2019, Form I-94 and a written statement that your income will not be used to support the J1 exchange visitor

J. If you have applied for adjustment of status, a copy of the receipt notice or other evidence that your adjustment of status application is pending

K. If you are an A, G or NATO dependent, include USCIS Form I-566, Interagency Record of individual Requesting Change/Adjustment to or from A or G Status

L. If you are a spouse of an L1 intra-company transferee, E1 treaty trader, or E2 investor, include evidence of your lawful status (such as your Form I-94 Arrival-Departure Document) and evidence that you are a spouse of the principal visa holder

M. If you are a K1 fiancee, file your application within 90 days from the date of entry. Include evidence of your K1 visa and copies of your passport

Check My Eligibility

VisaPro’s Guarantee

We thoroughly review your circumstances, select appropriate visa and submit an accurate application to the necessary Government Agencies.

What VisaPro Customers Are Saying

[VisaPro legal team] was incredibly knowledgable and extremely helpful throughout the process. We were exceptionally impressed with how they have combined the great personal and communication skills they bring and also technology with a highly intuitive website which guides you and keeps you updated throughout the process……..This is a true testimonial, I would highly recommend VisaPro to anyone looking for guidance and success in this area."

Get a Free Visa Assessment

Trust Symbol