Applying For E2 US Investor Visa
To apply for an E2 US investor visa, you must first establish that the enterprise meets the requirements of law. You may also be required to provide evidence, which demonstrates that your stay in the U.S. will be temporary. Your E2 visa application must include:
- DOS Form DS-156, Nonimmigrant Visa Application
- DOS Form DS-156E, Nonimmigrant Treaty Trader / Investor Application
- DOS Form DS-157, Supplemental Nonimmigrant Visa Application, for all male applicants between the ages of 16 and 45
- A copy of your passport which is valid for at least six months beyond the period of stay in the U.S. and with at least one blank page
- Two identical color photographs showing full face without head covering against a light background. You may wear a headdress if required by a religious order of which you are a member
- Business Plan outlining future investment scheme
- Your curriculum vitae
- Evidence that you will be employed in a supervisory or executive capacity, or possess highly specialized skills essential to the efficient operation of the firm
- Evidence of possession and control of investment funds (bank records, financial statements, loans, savings, or promissory notes)
- Evidence of remittance to the U.S. (bank drafts, transfers exchange permits or receipts.)
- Evidence of establishment of business in the U.S. (articles of incorporation, partnership agreement, organization and staffing charts, shares, titles, contracts, receipts, licenses or leases.)
- Evidence of the nationality of the investors/traders (passports, articles of incorporation of parent company or stock exchange listings.)
- Evidence of investment in the U.S. (titles, receipts, contracts, loans or bank statements.)
- Evidence of substantiality (financial statements, audits, U.S. corporate or business tax returns.)
- Evidence that the enterprise is not marginal (payroll records, IRS Form 941, personal tax returns, evidence of other personal assets and income)
- Evidence that the business is a real, operating enterprise (annual reports, catalogs, sales literature, news articles, and other evidence as appropriate)
Duration of Stay
E2 visa, initially, is issued for a five-year period. You can obtain E2 status extensions for up to two years at a time from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Since there is no limit on the number of extensions you may obtain, you can stay in the U.S. indefinitely.
Spouse and Children
Spouses and children under the age of 21 who wish to accompany or join you in the U.S. for the duration of your stay can apply for an E2 treaty investor visa. Your spouse may also be eligible to take up employment during his/her stay in the U.S. by applying for an employment authorization document.
We thoroughly review your circumstances, select appropriate visa and submit an accurate application to the necessary Government Agencies.
What VisaPro Customers Are Saying
I have known VisaPro since 2006 and we have work together on many instances which required intense brainstorming and VisaPro's ideas and suggestions have always been par excellence. An opportunity to interact and work with VisaPro is a true privilege."