Naturalization Process

Learn About Naturalization Application Process And Documents Checklist

Applying For Naturalization

You may apply for naturalization when you meet all the requirements to become a U.S. citizen.

If you are applying based on five years as a lawful permanent resident or based on three years as a lawful permanent resident married to a U.S. citizen, you may apply for naturalization up to 90 days before you meet the ”continuous residence” requirement. You must meet all other requirements at the time that you file your application with the USCIS.

Check My Eligibility

Your naturalization application may include the following Forms and documents:

A. USCIS Form N-400, Application for Naturalization

B. USCIS Form G-325A, Biographic Information Sheet

C. A photocopy of your Alien Registration Receipt Card

D. If your current legal name is different from the name on your green card, then photocopies of documents that legally changed your name. (Marriage Certificate, Divorce Decree or Court Documents)

E. Tax returns, bank accounts, leases, mortgages, or birth certificates of children

F. Two identical color photographs as per the following specifications:

1. Taken within 30 days of filing the application

2. Showing full face passport style (unless you are wearing a headdress as required by a religious order of which you are a member)

3. Has a white background and be no larger than 2 X 2 inches, with the distance from the top of the head to just below the chin about 1 and 1/4 inches

4. Glossy, un-mounted, un-retouched and printed on thin paper

Note: Lightly print your A# (or your name if you have no A#) on the back of each photo, using a pencil.

G. If you are applying for naturalization based on marriage to a U.S. citizen, you must submit the following documents:

1. Evidence that you are married to the U.S. citizen spouse (who filed an immigrant petition on your behalf) for the last three years

2. Evidence that your spouse has been a U.S. citizen for the last three years

3. Birth certificate of your spouse

4. Naturalization certificate of your spouse (if your spouse acquired U.S. citizenship through naturalization)

5. Photocopies of the inside of the front cover and signature page of your spouse’s current U.S. passport

6. Current Marriage Certificate

7. Proof of termination of all your prior marriages

8. IRS-certified copies of the income tax Forms that you both filed for the past three years, or

9. An IRS tax return transcript for the last three years

Mailing Your Application

You must submit the application, documents and fee to the appropriate USCIS service center that serves your area.

If you live in AL, AR, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MS, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, OK, PA, RI, SC, TN, TX, VT, VA, WV, PR, VI, you must submit your US immigration naturalization application to:

P.O. Box 660060
Dallas, TX 75266

If you live in AK, AZ, CA, CO, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, NE, NV, ND, OH, OR, SD, UT, WA, WI, WY, GU, MP, you must submit your naturalization application to:

P.O. Box 21251
Phoenix, AZ 85036

VisaPro’s Guarantee

We thoroughly review your circumstances, select appropriate visa and submit an accurate application to the necessary Government Agencies.

What VisaPro Customers Are Saying

I needed help with naturalization process and contacted VisaPro for their expert and confident handling of legal road to US Citizenship. There were no surprises or bumps along the way. VisaPro took the time to investigate our situation, presented the best solution/approach, and answered all our questions along the way. The expertise, professionalism and personal touch of the VisaPro staff will keep me turning to them for all future immigration needs.”

Get a Free Visa Assessment

Trust Symbol