B2 Visa

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers

6. Can I study or work on US tourist visa?

No, you may not study or work on US tourist visa. The consulate, however, may permit you to participate in a short-term training or a company course, provided your sponsoring company takes care of the expenses.

7. Are there any travel restrictions on B-2 visa?

If you have a multiple entry visa, there are no restrictions on the number of times you may travel in and out of the U.S. on that B-2 visa. You can stay out of the U.S. as long as you want and re-enter the U.S. before your B-2 visa expires.

Check My Eligibility

8. Can I bring my dependents on B-2 visa?

Yes, you may bring members of your or your spouses’ immediate family or your relatives to stay along with you. You may also bring a domestic or personal servant on nonimmigrant status, provided you can show that:

  1. He or she is not abandoning his or her residence in the home country
  2. He or she has worked for you for at least one year, or has had an ongoing employment relationship with you, and has at least one year of experience as a domestic servant

Note: Each person traveling must qualify for B-2 visa and obtain his/her own visa.

9. Can my dependents study on USA tourist visa?

No, your dependents may not study on USA tourist visa. They must apply for the appropriate student visa.

10. What is the processing time for B-2 visa?

With the new procedures instituted by the U.S. Department of State, the consulates may take up to eight weeks for issuing the visa. We recommend you to apply at least eight weeks before the day you wish to travel.